Thursday, December 05, 2013

Craft Fair Booth Tips

Hello fellow crafters and makers!

It's the season of Christmas fairs and I'm sure there are already numerous organizers who have been emailing you. My 10a Alabama friends could attest to how I'm very particular with the way I decorate my craft booth and arrange my products at these events. Paul advised me to have a mock set up every time we join. I take photos of the table set up the night before and use them as my guide on the day itself - cuts my preparation time to half ;)

Here are other things that you should consider when assembling your craft booth:

Hey Kessy Washi Tapes

1. Make sure that you have your brand's signage. It's easier for people to remember your brand name and logo. It also reflects that you take your business seriously even thought it's basically a one-man enterprise. ;)

I sell handmade stoneware plates, papercuts, stamps, and jewelry at fairs and I usually share a booth with Hey Kessy but I don't have my own sintra board yet. People get confused sometimes. Hehe. I'm working on it already!

Hey Kessy Washi Tapes

2. Your business cards should be placed in a prominent spot. It should contain your brand name, your name, contact details, and links to your website and social media accounts.

Hey Kessy Booth

Hey Kessy Booth

3. Level your products using different display racks.
You don't need to buy or have expensive display racks made. Before I had the multi-level brown standee, I used empty shoe boxes, bottles, cake stands, etc. I'm sure, you can find things at home that can use. Just improvise and be creative!


Hey Kessy Washi Tapes

Hey Kessy Washi Tapes

Keep in mind to group your products according to type so people would not see your table as one big mess. It also helps them get to know your business, what you are selling, and who you are as a crafter or maker better. If people are confused with what you are selling, chances are, they would walk away without buying anything.

4. Your packaging materials should have your business name. You can have stickers with your logos made or you can always carve your own logo stamp. This affirms your branding.

Hey Kessy Washi Tapes

5. Be considerate to your booth neighbors.
Don't go beyond the area assigned to you! Make sure that your table, chairs, display racks, decors, and storage boxes are just within the perimeters of your booth.

Seatizen's Festival

Make time to go around and get to know the other booth sellers as well. Who knows, they could be your future business partners and people to collaborate with :)

6. Be on time.
Go to the venue an hour earlier than the opening. It's better to have ample time to decorate your booth and arrange your products. You wouldn't want to be entertaining early comers while having to rummage for your products in your storage boxes! It's such a hassle and you wouldn't be able to talk and get to know them better. :)

7. Don't forget to bring spare change. Most of the time, buyers don't have the exact amount. You need to have coins and small bills or else, they'd be disappointed and not buy. No, no. They will most likely not go out of their way to have their bills changed then go back to your booth.

8. And a calculator! Especially for people like me who don't really fancy dealing with numbers. I'm just lucky that my booth partner, Mikko, is a Math whiz! ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...