Saturday, March 07, 2015

How to Make Your Moisturizing+Tanning Oil and Sea Salt Hair Spray

We can't deny it, summer is already here! Most of the time, I'm at the attic working in my studio which can get really hot during noon time. I drink more than 8 glasses of water to keep myself hydrated. However, when I went to La Union to enjoy the beach the other week, I knew drinking water wouldn't be enough.

So, I made myself a bottle of moisturizing and tanning oil. And since we had the basic ingredients to make a sea salt hair spray, I concocted a bottle too!

DIY Sea Salt Spray

La Union Beach

INGREDIENTS and MATERIALS:

Moinsturizing + Tanning Oil
Black Tea
Virgin Coconut Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Vanilla Extract 
Water

DIY Moisturizing and Tanning Oil

Sea Salt Hair Spray
Sea Salt
Coconut Oil
Lemon
Water

DIY Sea Salt Hair Spray

Packaging
Spray bottles
Washi Tape
Markers

STEPS:

Tanning + Moisturizing Oil
1. Boil the water, and transfer it to a mug. Add 4-5 black tea bags.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients - coconut oil, lavender essential oil, and vanilla extract - in the mug. For this project, I used organic vanilla powder from A Vanilla Story. They carry a wide range of vanilla products. You can get coconut oil from Casa de Lorenzo or Flow Shop.
3. Wait for the mixture to cool before transferring it in a spray bottle.

DIY Tanning Oil

Sea Salt Hair Spray
1. Warm the water and add sea salt. I get sea salt from Lotus Pod.
2. Add lemon. It will make your hair lighter especially under the sun.
3. You can add coconut oil to moisturize your hair.
4. Use as often as you want especially if you miss the beach so much.
5. Wait for the mixture to cool before transferring it to a spray bottle.

DIY Tanning Oil

La Union Beach

I'd love to see your summer DIY projects, so don't forget to use the hashtag #letsbemakers when you post them online! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...