Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Craft Camp in Zambales

It's been two months since the first Craft Camp, and there's still so much about it to share! Good weather and the beach were waiting for us in Zambales, and once there, it was a delight to see everyone enjoy doing what they came there to do - crafting. Here's a brief rundown of activities we did during that weekend.

Craft Camp
The kampsite ready for crafting.

Craft Camp
Mikko and I made a very long papercut garland the day before the event!

Different craft stations were prepared for the campers. Although fellow organizers and myself were busy manning the stations, I couldn't help but rummage for extra materials and also make! :) Everyone was excited because the crafts we taught that weekend were all new.

1. Leather purses

Craft Camp

I was super excited to try this out! Luckily, I was able to make a purse. Maybe I should practice sewing? Haha :)

Craft Camp

2. Washied DIY Watercolor Travel Kits

I set up this Hey Kessy Washi Station at the center of the craft grounds so everyone can get washi whenever they want! :)

Craft Camp

The girls used it to personalize their DIY watercolor kits.

Craft Camp

Craft Camp

Craft Camp

3. Washied hand-bound notebooks

Craft Camp

I also gave a craft package to the tribe who did the best works  - the Gupitupichacha. Yes, I belonged to that tribe. Haha! :p

4. Tribe flag making

Craft Camp

Craft Camp

4. Pretty braiding workshop in the morning:

Craft Camp

5. Days before we left for Zambales, I had been collecting plants, herbs, and dried tea leaves for my assigned station - DIY iced tea. The fuss was all worth it because everyone enjoyed experimenting different combinations!

Craft Camp

Craft Camp

6. Batik Printing

The campers got to design their own scarves using pre-made rubber stamps, batik wax, and fabric dyes. 

Craft Camp


Craft Camp

There were many other craft activities we did but unfortunately didn't get to take pictures of!

Although I'm not much of a beach person, I definitely have had a great time crafting with others whom I share the same passion and interest with.

Craft Camp
Happy crafty campers! :) Thanks to everyone who shared this fun experience with me, Alessa, Mikko, and Isa!
Craft Camp

Craft Camp

PS The second Craft Camp will be on August 17-18! For more details, go here :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...