Thursday, April 23, 2015

How to Make Your Own Sundried Tomatoes

Notice how much I take advantage of the summer heat for my craft projects? I'm lining up more summer DIY projects, and this one is definitely one of the simplest and yummiest!

I first learned about sundried tomatoes through my sister Germee back in gradeschool. She loved buying cold cuts, different types of cheese, and pickled veggies from a local delicatessen. She gave me a few pieces of the best and first sundried tomatoes I've ever tasted. It was always a treat for me snacking on them. Until eventually, I realized how expensive they were!

There's an organic vegetable store near the studio so I figured why not make my own sundried tomato salad! 

Homemade Sundried Tomatoes

INGREDIENTS:

Tomatoes
Sea Salt
Herbs
Olive Oil
Wax Paper
Muslin Cloth

Homemade Sundried Tomatoes 

STEPS:

1. Wash the tomatoes thoroughly, slice each into quarters, and remove the seeds.
2. Cover your plate with wax paper, and lay the sliced tomatoes on it.
3. Sprinkle sea salt and olive oil.
4. Cover with muslin cloth, and let dry under the sun for 2-3 days. Put the plate inside the house at night.

Homemade Sundried Tomatoes


Homemade Sundried Tomatoes


Enjoy your homemade sundried tomatoes! :)

2 comments :

  1. Hi,

    I am looking forward to try sun drying tomatoes here in the Philippines, I am wondering if it'll actually work. Average temperature is between 27-30 degree celsius with average humidity of between 60%-80%. I'm worried it'll just end up getting rotten tomatoes because of the humidity here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind, just found out you're in the Philippines. I'm definitely trying this!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...